Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Poetry: Measured Poem

(Each week Writer's Digest magazine offers a poetry prompt.  This week, it's a measured poem with lots of wiggle room on the definition of what that means. I'm inspired by a convo I just had on Facebook.  Thanks, Dawn, for the inspiration.)


How will I measure this day?
In moments of frustration?                                                 (Those what the hell kind of days)
Or fear? The paralyzing fear of one misstep crashing it all down around my clay feet
Or smiles of beaming pride                     (I like these days)



Never tedium though.
Never dull, clock-watching agony
Never the slow death of boredom

How will I measure this day?



All content (words or images) by Liza Lee Miller unless otherwise noted.
© 2013, Liza Lee Miller. Creative Commons License
Poem form:  Free Verse 

No comments:

Post a Comment