Monday, November 11, 2013

Ekphrasis: The Absolutely Naked Fragrance

[Poet's note:  First visit the MOMA site to view the image that inspired my poem.  Ekphrasis poetry is poetry about a work of art.  I chose The Absolutely Naked Fragrance by John McCracken.  I saw this piece at MOMA when I visited New York a couple of years ago.]

The Absolutely Naked Fragrance

Pink plank leaning against the wall.
Shiny pink
Challenging pink
Delicate pink
Soft pink
Strong pink
Wondering pink
Predictive pink
Estee Lauder's Beautiful pink
Ironic pink
Amusing pink.

©2013 Liza Lee Miller
Writer's Digest November Poem-A-Day Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Well, you got me. I came rushing to your blog to read about a new perfume, wondering--of course--what a naked fragrance might be.

    I am always interested in new art, even if it is puzzling.

    ReplyDelete